All about the collection of the best movies review

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Review Abraham Lincoln : Vampire Hunter (2012)

Director : Timur Bekmambetov.
Writers : Seth Grahame-Smith, Seth Grahame-Smith.
Stars : Benjamin Walker, Rufus Sewell and Dominic Cooper.


Review :



I never really knew what I was getting into when I payed a ticket to see Abraham Lincoln as a vampire hunter. But now that I've seen it, I want to say that I was satisfied...but I really wasn't.

There are some very great sides to the movie and some very bad sides.

Some good things:

The acting was surprisingly decent! No performances really stood out, but none of them were bad either. I also enjoyed the camera-work. There were a lot of great sets that enhanced the movie and made it a lot more enjoyable! The movie is obviously set in the older times and the movie does a great job of making it feel that way. The fight scenes were also very well done.

The bad:

This movie was very VERY jumpy in scenes. One moment there could be ten minute scene in the white house to a ten SECOND scene in some dark alley. I felt like it had a lot to get through in order to finish the story on time and that sped up the plot. It almost ruined the movie because sometimes the pace got too fast I was confused and not really sure who was doing what or what event is occurring. Also, I know it's not trying to be realistic in any way, and I tried to suspend any thoughts of realism, but some things that happen in the fights and battles are so ridiculous it's almost laughable. In my theater, actually, there were some people laughing so loudly at the absurdity of what happens in the fights.

I should also mention I saw it in 2D, and I don't think 3D would have made me enjoy it much more, but I could tell there were a few scenes specifically designed for the 3D screens.

Overall, if you don't take it seriously and are just looking for a good time, this COULD be the movie for you. But if you're looking for the tiniest bit of realism, I wouldn't recommend it.

Credits by Jarag08.
Source image : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1611224/
Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment