All about the collection of the best movies review

Monday, June 18, 2012

Review That's My Boy (2012)

Director : Sean Anders.
Writer : David Caspe.
Genre : Comedy.
Stars : Adam Sandler, Andy Samberg and Leighton Meester.


Review :


I was quite surprised to see the low reviews "That's My Boy" received! During it's advertising, we don't get to see how dirty this movie gets. If you are truly interested in a review, then I won't bother introducing the plot or the characters in detail - chances are if you're reading this, you've more than likely already have an idea of what this movie is about. What you want to know is how good it is? Am I right?! We start the movie learning that a young Adam Sandler hooked up with this teacher in middle school, resulting in a pregnancy. Adam's relationship with his son deteriorated and essentially the movie follows their rekindlement during other misc. subplots.

This writer, to be frank, is not a big, cheesy or raunchy movie go-er. I liked Scary Movie... when I was 8, and other movies with plots radiating sex didn't really appeal to me. However, I like Adam Sandler and gave this one a shot. There were certainly gross factors such as... well.. a 13 year old hooking up with his teacher. Somehow, Adam Sandler worked it and made it enjoyable.

Adam's character is barely tolerable. He's one of those characters that roll eyes until eventually, midway through the movie, you secretly realize his bad-ass and only Adam Sandler could get away with these kind of shenanigans. Despite being incredibly dirty, there are many laugh out loud scenes. I found myself enjoying and appreciating this movie more a few days after than I did watching it. Scenes that roared the audience stuck in my head and I had time to realize how wild and crazy they were and how much I wanted to re-watch it again.

Point being - do not go to this with the expectations of a typical Happy Madison film. Do not go if you expect The Wedding Singer, Mr. Deeds, Grown Ups, The Waterboy, Happy Gilmore, Little Nicky and especially if you're expecting 50 First Dates or Click. This is certainly not a typical movie of Sandler's. After watching it however, you will notice his signature marks like appearances by Blake Clark and Peter Dante, or a Sandler style soundtrack of classic rock.

This is a fun movie if you don't mind seeing a little "dirt" and having an open mind to a new kind of Happy Madison Production. Relax and enjoy yourself!


Credits by Kaylynn119.
Source image : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1232200/
Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment