All about the collection of the best movies review

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Review film Red Lights (2012)


Red Lights (2012)

Director: Rodrigo Cortes.
Writer: Rodrigo Cortes.
Stars: Sigourney Weaver, Robert De Niro and Cillian Murphy.


Review :


I confess it took me a while to see this film since I read many different things about it, from it was just a film of shocks to it's one of the best films of the year. Now I regret I didn't watch it before, and I'll try to take advantage of its last days on Spanish theaters to try to see it again, since I simply LOVED it, it really blown me away. The film is directed by Rodrigo Cortés (Buried), one of the best directors of the moment, in my opinion, as he proofs in this film. It's amazing the research the writer (Cortés too) necessarily had to do to document this story of investigators of paranormal fakes, you never feel these characters and their dialogues as characters but as real scientists in a real world you don't know anything about (before seeing this film). It's amazingly well-shot, with wonderful scenes and a brilliant ending that goes beyond the surprise of its final twist and makes you think about yourself. If the end of this film really moved me is because it made me think about my own lack of braveness and how difficult it is to watch yourself in a honest way (I won't explain the ending, of course). The performances are terrific, you haven't seen Sigourney Weaver and De Niro this well for a long, long time, wonderful writing, beautifully written characters and amazing performances that Cortés got from this great actors. Regarding Cillian Murphy, this is for sure his best role and performance ever, his work all along the movie, and specially at the end, in a moving and incredible spoken duel with Simon Silver (De Niro), the psychic he tries to debunk, defies description. It really moved me, and I won't ever again doubt of his amazing talent. The rest of the cast (Joely Richardson, Toby Jones, Elizabeth Olsen, Craig Roberts, Leonardo Sbaraglia...), is great too, and I specially liked the character of Joely Richardson. In Red lights, you never know what's true and what's a lie, and every time you try to figure out what's happening next, you're always wrong, but there's one thing you know for sure: you can't miss next Rodrigo Cortés's film.
Credits by Javier Arnao.
source image : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1748179/
Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment