All about the collection of the best movies review

Friday, May 4, 2012

Review The Devil Inside (2012)

Director : William Brent Bell
Writers : William Brent Bell, Matthew Peterman
Stars : Fernanda Andrade, Simon Quarterman and Evan Helmuth

Review :


First and foremost I will say that this is a mockumentary type movie. A mockumentary is the kind of movie where they make it seem like a documentary but it's fake. I like them because they seem more real, This one includes interviews, hand-camera shots etc. I'll say it right now and that is if you don't like blair witch style movies and those fake documentary style movies then this probably isn't for you.

The movie itself is about a woman who discovered her mother was involved in an exorcism and was shipped out to Rome, Italy afterward and she goes to discover why and look for some answers.

Things all go downhill for her from there.

The movie's acting and story are great I had no issues whatsoever with it there. You could tell it seems a tad amateurish in terms of their acting at times but I still thought everyone did well in it.

The story and scary scenes were all great, I've seen a number of these styles of movies, Quite a lot more then the average watcher and this one while it won't give me nightmares at night it still delivered a few very solid and tense scenes. I was a bit let down by the ending though and that was my only issue I had with the whole film.

The make-up and dialogue were all very good too and at times during some of the exorcisms it almost reminded me a little bit of the original exorcism which you can tell the film makers had a lot of influence from that.

My only qualms against this movie were that there could have been more scary scenes and I wished for a better ending. That said though the scary scenes that were there were very nicely done!

I have a feeling this movie will get a lot of hate because of its mockumentary style of filming which is not very Hollywood like of horror movies so I feel a lot of people will dislike it for that but if you're in the mood for a horror that's got a dark realistic tone to it then by all means give it a go and you shouldn't be disappointed.

Credits by Chaosmetal69
Source image : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1560985/
Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment